Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday

Already been a good morning. Got up early (seems like all my good days start with getting up early... hmmm) and took my littlest one into the vet to get her teeth cleaned (little nervous about it because they have to put her under for that)... then came home and registered for this Judith Lasater workshop that's weekend after next in Charlottesville. It's a two-day workshop on managing the mood with restorative yoga. Day one is on depression and moodiness and Day two is on anxiety and insomnia. I am finding that more and more people I encounter are on one end of this spectrum, whether extremely or slightly so. I think that our lifestyles and diet are to blame... and yoga seems a perfect way to manage things better. It is for me, anyway!

I also have an opportunity to study with John Friend (of Anusara fame) in November in Philadelphia. Still figuring out if I can work out the details on this one.

Anyway, off to a good start. One private session this morning and two group classes this evening. Mondays and Tuesdays are my busy days. Wednesdays are getting busier, and Thursday mornings. I love having Friday as a flex day for privates, and the weekends mostly "off." (That's when I work on my own practice and get my planning done.)

BUT... I have an incredible amount of tasks ahead to finish to make Richmond Yoga Project a reality. I met on Friday with Michelle and Wendy, a web designer and lawyer respectively (and also amazing yoginis) who are helping Jay and I set this up. I need to work on our articles of incorporation and LLC status, contact all the local studios and instructors to solicit participation, set up our first organizational meeting, send Michelle my class schedule on Google calendar, and organize our first event. Somewhere in there there's a logo and stickers and cards to design. Wow!

I obviously don't have time to blog right now. :)

Have a good week...

No comments:

Post a Comment