Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday

It's already been an eventful week. At home, after getting our new shed installed, we spent most of the holiday weekend organizing it and then tearing down the remaining old shed. We also dismantled our gardening beds (I finally accept that I am not a vegetable gardener!) and spread out the dirt (I also accept that I am horrible at raking, as evidenced by the massive blister on my hand that resulted from my having a poor grip on the rake).

This morning I attended to lots of odds and ends and am just about ready to have beautiful oak laminate flooring installed in the space that will be occupied by Project Yoga Richmond (that will be our name, I'm sure now!) What's great about the space is that we'll have the potential for a smoothie bar area complete with refrigerator and blenders and coffee and tea service. Also, a room for meetings and smaller private yoga sessions, as well as several small office spaces that could be rented out. There is also a bathroom with a shower!

We still have some cosmetic and structural things to do for the building, get some signage and our actual license to operate and all of that. I'm really excited about all of it. More later, and certainly photos to follow.

Classes have been very lightly attended of late... I think folks are either very busy or are not spending money on yoga. It's sad that people have to make such sacrifices when really, during times of stress and busy-ness, yoga is just what's needed. Rolf says that in AA when you are having especially high difficulty staying sober, people often say, "I'm staying close to the program" meaning, adhering even more closely to that which is keeping you steady. I find that yoga is my "program," so when I need it the most, it's there for me.

Wishing you steadiness today!

1 comment:

  1. PYR sounds awesome! Yay for a smoothie bar! Can't wait to see photos :)

    ReplyDelete