Friday, March 5, 2010

The Law of Pure Potentiality

"Power based on object referral is false power. Self power is permanent because it's based on knowledge of Self." ~Deepak Chopra, "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success"

I don't think I realized it at the time, but about three years ago I began to make space. I had just had an accident that was the culmination of a very self destructive time in my life. To say that I was not living my yoga is a profound understatement. The details of this pattern I had established are not that interesting or different from how I suspect many people live their lives on a day to day basis. My actions truly reflected on the poor self image I had developed and seemed designed to uphold my own ego-gratification.

I had a breakdown on my 34th birthday. I came home from my part time job and sobbed uncontrollably. I hated that I worked for someone else, especially since that someone didn't appreciate me, and hadn't done so in the nearly six years I held the job. It was my own fault, I realized, that I had backed myself into this corner, stagnated in lack of knowledge of self, and buried under my own image of how a dutiful person lived: did the job, didn't complain, and came home and dealt with it in any way that made it easier to get up and do it all over again.

This lifestyle didn't work for me anymore, and although it took me eight months to make a real change, I truly believe that this "waking up" was what I needed. I could never say that everyone who is unhappy in their work/life situation has to completely abandon it and start over, but for me, that's exactly what was required. I didn't even know what I wanted to do, until someone gently nudged me in the direction of Yoga Teacher Training. That was a first step, and since then I have felt the presence of God (there, I said it!) guiding me every step of the way. Whether it's a mysterious man in a robe and a white beard floating on a cloud or an elephant wielding an ax to break the obstacles in my path or a glowing white light... doesn't matter much to me. The fact is I am HERE NOW and will always be.

"We are divinity in disguise, and the gods and goddesses in embryo that are contained within us seek to be fully materialized. True success is the unfolding of that divinity. When we begin to experience our life as the miraculous expression of divinity-- not occasionally but all the time-- then we will know the true meaning of success."

Namaste,

Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment