Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Niyama Challenge, Week Five

Isvara-pranidhana. Up until about 4 years ago I had no use for higher power. Or else, I thought I did. After I recommitted to a regular yoga practice following a debilitating and humbling head injury, I realized that wellness of mind and body aren't enough... and healing was a gift given to me by someone, or something. Personally, a name isn't necessary for whatever it is that guides me every moment of every day... I just know that it is within me and without me all the time. I am stronger, more connected, more aware and especially more joyful because of it. I fear less, love more, and live fully. I make the effort to see it in everyone. When I stumble, I rise again. It's what led me to teach yoga, so that others, in their own time and way, might find in the practice some of what I am so lucky to have found.

This challenge was made all the more rewarding because of the members of my teacher training who went through it with me. I am sure everyone ran up on their own reasons to quit; maybe some, like me, even let loose the reins a bit along the way. But one thing I did learn is that doing something positive is so much easier when you have the support of likeminded people. And even though we are spread far and wide around the country, I feel even closer knit to them than ever.

Coming up in my next blog, I'll talk all about the exciting developments that are taking place in my personal life, with PYR, and with our concluding months in Rolf's program. And try to make sense of what it all means in the bigger picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment